When we plan to paint for the first time, we fear about doing it wrong. If you are a first timer with a similar fear for your walls, fear not. We have got some tips to help you get through your painting project and make your time with wall paints more fun for you in Nepal.
- Buy just a single brush (two-and-a-half-inch angle brush with nylon or polyester bristles) of a good quality instead of many. Save money here and invest in some high quality paints.
- As soon as you finish painting, wash it up with soap and water to keep it in a good shape. If it hardens up, you are going to have hard time cleaning it up.
- Flip a five-gallon bucket, sit, and paint. You’ll save your legs from getting tired.
- If you prefer kneeling, strap on some gardening kneepads and get comfortable
- Punch holes over inner rim using a nail and a hammer to prevent paint from dripping down the side or pooling in the rim.
- Use the daylight to paint and keep the lights on to see the mistakes clearly.
- If it is a humid day, turn the AC cooler than usual to help paint dry faster.
- Open all the ventilation and save yourself from suffocation and headache paint smell causes.
- While painting higher surfaces, attach an extension pole to a roller to avoid doing up and down on ladder.
- You either prime properly, or you don’t. Prime it if it is an untouched drywall or plaster, if you are painting latex over oil-based, or if you are painting dark shades over lighter one.
- While working on the higher spaces, pour paint into an easy-to-hold container. Balancing paint tray up there usually means waiting for it to fall flat down. You definitely do not want a messy floor.
- If you spot some hardened paint clumps after everything has dried, get them off with razor blade or knife. Then, give it a quick dab of paint.
These tips can help you get though the hardships of juggling with paints. If you are not sure about doing it yourself or want to get the color right, get our experts of Asian Paints Nepal at your doorstep. SMS ‘FS’ to 36677. We are determined to make your home look special with our expertise. Give it a try.