When we plan to paint for the first time, we fear about doing it wrong. If you are a first timer with a similar fear for your walls, fear not. We have got some tips to help you get through your painting project and make your time with wall paints more fun for you in Nepal.
- Buy just a single brush (two-and-a-half-inch angle brush with nylon or polyester bristles) of a good quality instead of many. Save money here and invest in some high quality paints.
- As soon as you finish painting, wash it up with soap and water to keep it in a good shape. If it hardens up, you are going to have hard time cleaning it up.
- Flip a five-gallon bucket, sit, and paint. You’ll save your legs from getting tired.
- If you prefer kneeling, strap on some gardening kneepads and get comfortable
- Punch holes over inner rim using a nail and a hammer to prevent paint from dripping down the side or pooling in the rim.
- Use the daylight to paint and keep the lights on to see the mistakes clearly.
- If it is a humid day, turn the AC cooler than usual to help paint dry faster.
- Open all the ventilation and save yourself from suffocation and headache paint smell causes.
- While painting higher surfaces, attach an extension pole to a roller to avoid doing up and down on ladder.
- You either prime properly, or you don’t. Prime it if it is an untouched drywall or plaster, if you are painting latex over oil-based, or if you are painting dark shades over lighter one.
- While working on the higher spaces, pour paint into an easy-to-hold container. Balancing paint tray up there usually means waiting for it to fall flat down. You definitely do not want a messy floor.
- If you spot some hardened paint clumps after everything has dried, get them off with razor blade or knife. Then, give it a quick dab of paint.
These tips can help you get though the hardships of juggling with paints. If you are not sure about doing it yourself or want to get the color right, get our experts of Asian Paints Nepal at your doorstep. SMS ‘FS’ to 36677. We are determined to make your home look special with our expertise. Give it a try.
Have you been thinking of painting your new home or workplace, or even just freshening up the old one but been postponing it due to lack of time? Are you finding yourself busy while your walls desperately call for paints? Are you finding it hard to leave it all to contractors because you are too caught up in your work to monitor them? If your answer is yes, our Paint Total is a service you need available in Nepal.
What is Paint Total Service?
Paint Total Service is a professional and hassle-free end-to-end painting service, especially designed for people with no time to monitor contractors assigned for painting tasks every day.
We know about the difficulties while dealing with local contractors who do not stick to their deadlines and budget. To solve this problem, our Paint Total service is a perfect medium.
We offer you such a hassle-free and professional experience keeping your worries about painter or contractor at bay while ensuring a high-quality job. You may have a question asking “why to use Asian Paints Nepal Paint Total service?”
- It is hassle-free, which means you can relax while our professionals complete your work.
- It is reliable and trust able.
- Our painters are specially trained for the job.
- We use mechanized tools to make sure the job completes in time in a dust-free environment.
- We do not compromise on quality. We can assure you about that.
- Pricing and measurements are transparent, which means you can plan your budget beforehand.
- We complete the assigned tasks on time.
- We also do pre-site supervision and post-site maintenance and cleaning service
If you want to avail this service, please SMS “EZY” to “36677”. We are available in these cities of Nepal – Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Pokhara, Hetauda, Birgunj, Damak, Biratnagar, Butwal, and Itahari.
While painting, we often neglect our ceiling – the fifth wall. We fancy up trims and walls, but if you want to grab the attention of buyers or visitors while upping the value of your property, you should paint your ceiling with wall paints into something eye-grabbing. In Nepal, you often see plain white ceilings. If you want to stand out, read on and know why you should get it.
- To improve home design
To most of the homeowners, it may be a secondary option, but professionals suggest painting ceiling elevates the beauty of the room. When accentuated, it is one of the effective methods to get an attractive design and change the whole environment of the room.
- To make your space look larger
You can enlarge your indoor space visually with black colors. Brighter ceilings are normally used to make the top look higher, but dark color ceiling with white walls are capable of giving an illusion of higher ceilings than they actually are. This combination can balance more saturated colors of decors and furnishings in the room.
- To add some drama
To make a bold design statement, you can apply any type of color or materials on the ceiling. Professionals often incorporate high-design concepts to add elegance and drama in the room. Different styles and shades are preferable in different rooms. For instance, in teen rooms, you can add a prominent trim edge on the ceiling. With festive blue shade, you can give it a fresher look. Likewise, by adding extra designs, you can make your other rooms in Nepal look extra.
- To add fun and creativity
Put your imagination and creativity to work and add a bright and bold color on the ceilings. It instills fun into the place. You can use single shade for your walls and fun and whimsical ones for your ceilings to complement the walls.
In our society, we do not prefer darker shades much, especially black, be it clothes or wall colors with a belief that it brings in bad omen. We prefer to go with light and vivid ones. But at this time, when we believe in leaving old beliefs behind, choosing off-white paints for walls have various perks. It can transform the whole look of a room in a snap. Do you need more reasons to go with dark shades in Nepal? Here are more:
- Why darker shades?
Dark colors are filled with drama, excitement and comforting energy which is released in the room. Nowadays, lighter shades have become dull and old-fashioned and it never releases the vibe darker hues do. If you happen to be interested in applying darker color after reading this, wait. Do not jump into the strongest shade right away.
- How to choose the right shade?
While choosing the shade, think about your current decoration and think which color would fit in there. For indulging darker shades in your place, you have two option, either change the color of the whole wall or the things existing in the room such as curtains, table cloths, etc so you can match it with existing shades.
- Ready for a change?
Even a smaller shift in hues can make a huge difference. Opting for darker colors means you are ready for a change breaking free from monochromatic color. If you are up for an extreme change, go all black with darker curtains and dark colored art pieces too, if possible. If not, you can combine black with other lighter color.
Other than black, you can also go with deeper ones like deep blue, green, red, gold and other strong shades to make your abode feel more luxurious and comforting.
To save yourself from running to stores over and over again in the middle of your painting projects, make a checklist. It enables you to go the paint dealer nearby and grab everything you need in one go. So, what can be the things basic things a painter need during the project in Nepal?
Before you start painting, you need to estimate how much paint you need. To calculate, you need to know size of the area. So, first take required measurements and take it with you to the store. The store person will calculate right amount of paint you need. A gallon of paint, usually, covers 400 square feet of wall space.
Always opt for high quality paints as they tend to last long as well as are easy to apply. Not just that, such paints are also cost-friendly in the long term. It can cost you a bit more in Nepal but saves you from repainting time to time and sometimes, just a coat of it is enough, which saves time as well.
With high-quality paint, you need high-quality brushes too for similar results. Go with 3 inches wide angled brush to cut corners. Pick one with synthetic bristles, especially, when you are working with water-based paints.
Pick roller covers and roller frames to pick up the pace and paint evenly.
Get painter’s tape to save yourself from accidental paint slip as well as to paint in a straight line – neatly and professionally.
Buy drop cloths or tear old clothes and lay them on the floor to prevent paint from dripping anywhere you do not want it.
These are the basic things you would need for your project. You can grab other things like primers, sponge, etc. as per your need.
A bathroom, being the smallest, is the easiest room in the house to update with paint. You can paint it whenever you want but with what type of paint? Read on to know.
Keep moisture in mind
As the moisture is present in a bathroom, it can be a problem for painted walls. The humidity from steam from the shower or bathtub gets to your walls anyways, so you have to go with flexible paint that lets moisture out without breaking down.
Easy to wipe off
Go with easy to wipe paint finish as the walls tend to get stained due to moisture.
Avoid flat finishes as they absorb moisture making the walls challenging to wipe. Eggshells finishes could have been one of the choices being easy to wipe, but it is not so good for moisture-prone areas. Satin finishes are suitable for a low-moisture bathroom. So, go with either semi-gloss or high-gloss finishes that repel moisture as well being easy to wipe stains off. However, high-gloss does not look so good on the large wall surface like semi-gloss does. Reserve it for trim or bathroom cabinets instead.
Paint manufacturers are continually working on creating paints compatible for any room, including bathrooms by adding additives which makes paint more durable and moisture resistant. So, while buying paints, you do not have to depend on the finish entirely.
To avoid peeling paint, apply moisture-resistant primer before painting on your walls and ceiling. This step is small but essential to prevent time-to-time touch ups.
Which paint color?
As the color of bathroom walls affects your mirror reflection, you need to go with the one that does not change the appearance of your complexion, which makes it difficult for you to get ready. It would be best if you go with neutral shades – whites, grays, pastels – to dodge the problem painting walls can create. In Nepal, people do not see its use from various aspects, but it does play a crucial role in things other than just beautifying a room.
Accent walls, an easy and stylish way of beautifying your room, are popular for its flexibility. It is your choice on where you want to paint and in which color. Read on to find out few essentials you might want to follow while painting to get a perfect accent wall in Nepal.
- While planning for an accent wall, think outside the box instead of limiting to simply painting the walls. It may look good with stripes or metallic touch can make it stand out.
- Consider accent walls even if your room has a neutral color. Just as red or blue for bright ones, dark brown can look dramatically good for neutral ones.
- While choosing shades for an accent wall, it is a must to consider the color of rest of the room. It works best when the adjoined walls are lighter or medium shade of the chosen color. If you are painting a white room, it can be tricky but not impossible. Soften the contrast using mid-tone accent wall colors and bridge the difference. Even if white is not so common in Nepal, you can still play and experiment with it.
- Brainstorm other ways to use an accent wall like decorating ceilings with soft or vivid colors. Then, use crown molding to separate wall from the ceiling and add a style to it as well.
- Make sure to pick the right wall for the accent painting. The textured one without architectural feature can be the right one for you. You can also choose walls with windows but remember – a dark accent color around windows can overwhelm the room creating a bright light effect.
- Don’t be afraid to try out bold colors. As long as the shade around the room goes with your new choice, you can choose anything.