Accent walls, an easy and stylish way of beautifying your room, are popular for its flexibility. It is your choice on where you want to paint and in which color. Read on to find out few essentials you might want to follow while painting to get a perfect accent wall in Nepal.
- While planning for an accent wall, think outside the box instead of limiting to simply painting the walls. It may look good with stripes or metallic touch can make it stand out.
- Consider accent walls even if your room has a neutral color. Just as red or blue for bright ones, dark brown can look dramatically good for neutral ones.
- While choosing shades for an accent wall, it is a must to consider the color of rest of the room. It works best when the adjoined walls are lighter or medium shade of the chosen color. If you are painting a white room, it can be tricky but not impossible. Soften the contrast using mid-tone accent wall colors and bridge the difference. Even if white is not so common in Nepal, you can still play and experiment with it.
- Brainstorm other ways to use an accent wall like decorating ceilings with soft or vivid colors. Then, use crown molding to separate wall from the ceiling and add a style to it as well.
- Make sure to pick the right wall for the accent painting. The textured one without architectural feature can be the right one for you. You can also choose walls with windows but remember – a dark accent color around windows can overwhelm the room creating a bright light effect.
- Don’t be afraid to try out bold colors. As long as the shade around the room goes with your new choice, you can choose anything.